Penned by accessible travel expert Candy B. Harrington, this access guide includes detailed information about accessible trails, sites, lodging options, tours and attractions in Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. This handy resource features:
- Detailed access information on trails and viewpoints that will work for wheelchair-users and slow walkers.
- Details on free accessible bus tours in Bryce Canyon National Park and Zion National Park.
- Accessible transportation options in Bryce Canyon National Park and Zion National Park.
- Information about barrier-free camping options in the parks, including the site numbers and features of the accessible campsites.
- Detailed descriptions of all in-park accessible lodging options, as well as photographs of the accessible rooms.
- Access details and photos of 23 additional accessible lodging options located near the parks.
- Details on often overlooked accessible lodging features, such as bed height and toilet grab bar placement.
- Information about ranger-led tours, loaner wheelchairs and the free America the Beautiful Access Pass.
- Inside tips on where to go for the best windshield views, accessible picnic spots and sunset photos.
This guidebook includes detailed information that will help wheelchair-users and slow walkers find an accessible room and build an accessible itinerary for any Utah national park. Barrier-Free Travel; Utah National Parks for Wheelers and Slow Walkers is a great resource for seniors, parents with stroller-aged children, Baby Boomers, folks who just like to take things a littler slower and anybody who uses a cane, walker, wheelchair or scooter.
A must have resource for an accessible visit to Utah’s Mighty Five.